RAW FOOD VEGAN DIET RECIPES
GREEN HEALING ENERGY SOUPS
BLENDS & SMOOTHIES
There is no one strict formula to follow for creating an energy soup as this is a creative adventure. Except for the base of greens, the mix can be put together each day with slightly different ingredients and spices. I recommend to start with Gabriel Cousens’ “Phase 1” choice of foods to reverse the most serious chronic conditions. See Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine. Within the Phase 1 diet plan, you can then use your intuition to pick the choice ingredients based on what your body seems to be called to. Please note that Ann Wigmore originated the concept of an "energy soup," and her early versions contained rejuvelac which is not recommended in Phase 1.
All ingredients are vegan, raw and organic. The best are locally grown, fresh and in season.
I - THE BASE - GREENS
Green is the middle color of the rainbow, the most healing. Green, red, and blue-violet when focused together form white light. It is the green that pulls the opposites (the farthest separations of consciousness) back together as one. It is the most healing color and also predominates in living landscapes. Begin with at least 1 lb of dark greens and put them in a multi-quart blender. The most nutrient dense and thus healing greens are kale, collards, spinach, dandelion and parsley. Buy strictly organic greens.
II - ADDITIONAL - GREENS
- SEA GREENS - Add your favorite sea greens in moderation. This can include kelp, alaria, wakame, arame, and kombu, among others. Sea greens are generally salty in flavor.
- SUPERFOOD GREEN POWDERS – Optionally add a tablespoon of a green grass mix, wheatgrass powder, chlorella, spirulina, blue green algae, or E3Live. Also recommended are combined mixes such as Vita-mineral Green by Health Force Nutritionals
- SPROUTS – There are many varieties of sprouts to choose from. Soak first in food grade hydrogen peroxide to avoid mold or fungal growths.
III - OTHER VEGETABLES
Among the low-glycemic choices are the following: other lettuces, cucumber, celery, summer squashes, cabbage, tomatoes, and bell peppers.
IV - FOUR TASTE ELEMENTS
- SALT Y: A pinch of Celtic or Himalayan salt (richest in minerals and which are micro-absorbable). Alternatively add salty seaweed or celery salt.
- ACID: Add lemon or lime juice using a hand or electrified citric juicer. I always add about a gram of vitamin C (or a tablespoon of camu camu for its ascorbic acid and to retain freshness as well.
- SWEET: Add more tomatoes, bell peppers, or stevia. Also semi-sweet sweet fruits may be added when not using Phase 1 (the lowest-glycemic diet) plus not adding the following fatty ingredients.
- FATTY: Take 3-4 tablespoons of flax seeds and grind them in a coffee grinder. Alternatively walnuts and hemp seed can be ground. Golden flax is slightly more nutrient dense than the brown. Further alternatives include raw avocado, water-cured olives, young coconut pulp or oil, purslane, and nuts and nut butters (especially almonds, walnuts, and macadamia). Also consider seeds such as sesame and sunflower.
V – HEALING HERBS AND SPICES
Among the best blood cleansing herbs and spices, also anti-inflammatory, are garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper, turmeric and cumin. Ethnic tastes can be enhanced with a variety of spices such as oregano (Italian), Curry (Indian), a touch of sesame oil (Chinese), etc. Blood-cleansing herbs include red clover, echinacea, chaparral, licorice, yellow dock, burdock, sarsaparilla, prickly ash bark, and goldenseal. I like to grind fresh milk thistle seeds to help support the most vital of organs, our liver.
VI – FILTERED OR DISTILLED WATER
Add 1-3 cups as needed to blend smoothly. Do not blend more than needed as this will oxidize the drink. The water added may be cold in the summer or warmed in the winter.
VII – FINAL TOUCHES
With the first blending you can taste the mix and then add more greens, other ingredients, herbs or spices as needed to satisfy the pallet.
VI – DRINK, ENJOY & STORE
Drink about a quart in the morning and put the other quarts in mason jars for later in the day. Jars should be filled to the top for a minimum of oxidation. May also be stored in a stainless steel thermos and taken to work. Whatever is so stored is best drunk within about eight hours but can remain drinkable for two days if vitamin C and lemon and/or lime juice are added.
For Video of Green Smoothie Demo Click Here